I made some changes in my "music room" for fall I wanted to share with you all.
I have wanted a sheet music wall for a while but I was not sure which wall I would use or how I would attach the paper. When I painted the living room, I ran out of paint and never got around to this one behind the organ, so I thought it was the perfect spot for music.
After much research into what to use, I ended up just grabbing a can of spray adhesive, which I had seen no one use, of course, and going for it.
I have to say I'm really pleased with how that worked. I sprayed directly onto the wall starting in the upper left corner, then placed and smoothed each piece. Now I must say I feel a little odd gluing music I could and would use on the wall, but, I used some extra pieces out of the hundreds of old books I have copies of so I didn't lose out. Besides, on the bright side, we don't need a music stand now -- we can just look up and play it right from the wall:-)
Thanks to my sweet neighbor, who gave me the antique settle from my grandparent's house for my birthday, we also have a spot to sit when listening to "performances."
I made a few other changes also to include totally restyling the cabinet my husband made for me. I'll share more on that later, though.
I got out the box I made out of newel posts from the old house and filled it with hydrangeas to help soften all the hard lines.
Just a few subtle changes, but we really love them and they freshen up the room. We use this space a lot ourselves, plus the children are really starting to show serious interest in music finally.
We are never at a loss for entertainment around here, for sure:-)
I enjoy this room so much and am so glad I switched it with the dining area last fall. Sometimes, you have to think outside the box as to how to use a space. You never know until you try something different, and you might just get something that's works better than the way it was originally intended.
And that is exactly what I lie awake at night thinking about:-)